Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece

I think my project came out pretty well. I put a lot of thought into how to show how racism has been looked at in the past, how it is still present today. Also, I wanted to show how racism is changing today, for the better in my opinion. I started my project by figuring out what program to use, ultimately choosing Windows Movie Maker. Once I was familiarized with the program I started my research by finding pictures that I thought would be useful. After I did that, I asked a family member and some friends what their thoughts on racism were. Once I did that, I researched quotes from famous and influential people to have a balance. Since I had all the pieces to my project, all I had to do was arrange them in a way that explained what racism from a historical sense. It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to present an issue that many people are familiar with at least on a basic level. I think this turned out well. After I had finished the movie I synched the music to it. The song is more than an effect. I think it contributes to the spirit of my project and it added something extra. It is an informative song with a similar message I was trying to get across with the video. I was a little concerned with the fact that there were a lot of quotes at the end but the way the song ended with just the beat made it seem more cohesive overall. I am proud of it because for being a relatively short piece I think it demonstrates how black people were looked upon and portrayed throughout history and how this is changing in the media today. My project’s biggest weakness, I feel, is that I feel like I could have made my titles stronger when introducing slides.
 
Work Cited
All the images were found at
Interview were conducted by Tom Wilbur
Mark W. Personal. 14 January 2011.
Keenan D. Personal. 15 January 2011.
Melissa C. Personal. 15 January 2011.
"Racism Quotes, Sayings about Racial and Ethnic Discrimination." The Quote Garden - Quotes, Sayings, Quotations, Verses. 9 Sept. 2010. Web. 15 Jan. 2011. <http://www.quotegarden.com/racism.html>.
www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment