Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Video Treatment

The Topic: I am going to examine racism because it is the ism that I found to be the most interesting. I think it is one of the most important isms to try understanding because it has been ingrained in our culture for so long.

Story: Use quotes from my friends as well as scholars to get an idea of what racism is to different people. Through images I will show how people of color have been treated throughout history.

Software: I plan on using PowerPoint because I know how to use it. However, I am going to try one of the other programs to see how it works. I will probably try Xtranormal first. I have only used PowerPoint so I am not sure which one I will end up using. I will search the web to see what I can do better if I need the help.

Research: I am going to start off by gathering quotes from friends about their ideas of racism. I am then going to collect quotes from more well known people. After that, I am going to find a song that fits my presentation, probably a hip-hop song that supports my point. Also, I will need to find images online to include in my video.

Time Line:
Wednesday: First, figure out which software I am going to use. After, gather quotes from my friends.

Thursday: Find pictures and video clips to include in the project.

Friday: Write-up a introduction and conclusion to the video.

Saturday and Sunday: Finish putting all of the video together and make sure it works well.

Take Away: I want people to see how racism is looked upon differently depending on whose perspective it is coming from. Also, I want to show that racism is looked at differently today than it was even a generation ago. I want to include hip-hop to show that some artists are socially conscious and that it can help aide educational projects such as this video.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea. I remember your response to my post about hip hop. I just want to let you know that I do not want to lump anyone together. I was trying to give a majority. I am excited to see what you come out with because I do like hip hop and I realize that not all hip hop is that way. I also like your timeline...very efficient,I'm not that organized, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are gathering the opinions of your own friends and family to gather the different perspectives from important people in your life. You will probably be able to find many meaningful quotes from important figures throughout black history, also. I look forward to seeing your video!

    ReplyDelete